Breaking News – all eligible students in the Los Angeles Unified school district must be fully vaccinated by January 10, unless they have a qualified exemption. (see below)
Now that a COVID vaccine is approved for adults and authorized for all teenagers, will we start to see school mandates so that more and more kids get vaccinated and protected?
It depends on where your kids will be going to school…
COVID Vaccine School Mandates
Are they headed to college?
“More than 100 US colleges and universities have said they will require all their students to get vaccinated against Covid-19 before they return to campus for the fall semester, according to a CNN tally.”More than 100 US colleges and universities are now requiring students to get Covid-19 vaccinations
More and more college bound teens and young adults will need to get vaccinated against as we are seeing many COVID vaccine school mandates.
From American University and California State University to Vasser College and Yale University, colleges and universities are mandating COVID vaccines for their students, especially if they will be living on campus.
Some other colleges and universities will have to wait to institute mandates.
A few state lawmakers are interfering with efforts of colleges and universities to protect their students.
What about high schools, grade schools, preschools, and daycare centers?
Time will tell if we see mandates in more schools and daycare centers, especially as the authorized age range for the COVID vaccines continues to go down.
One thing is clear though – the way to avoid mandates in younger kids is to keep COVID infection rates down! And the way to do that is get more and more people vaccinated and protected now.
So ironically, efforts by anti-vaccine folks to scare more and more people away from getting vaccinated and protected, if it leads to another surge of COVID, almost guarantees that we will ultimately have mandated COVID vaccines for more and more people, including younger kids.
More on COVID Vaccine Mandates
- Will COVID-19 Vaccines Be Mandatory?
- Whose Rights Are Taken Away By Vaccine Mandates?
- Do Vaccine Mandates Force Parents to Vaccinate Their Kids?
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Understanding COVID-19 Misinformation
- COVID-19 Vaccine Misinformation
- Vaccine Requirements for College Entry
- Los Angeles Unified Student COVID Vaccination Initiative
- The Legality and Feasibility of COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates for Children
- COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates for University Students
- The COVID-19 Vaccine and the Role of the State
- Litigating Alternative Facts: School Mandates in the Courts
- Are COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates at Universities Legal?
- When Are Vaccine Mandates Appropriate?
- Considerations in mandating a new Covid-19 vaccine in the USA for children and adults
- State-by-state look at colleges requiring COVID-19 vaccines
- Here’s a List of Colleges That Will Require Students or Employees to Be Vaccinated Against Covid-19
- More than 30 colleges now say Covid vaccines will be mandatory for fall 2021
- More than 100 US colleges and universities are now requiring students to get Covid-19 vaccinations
- Exploring the Legality of COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
- No, it’s not illegal for a college or employer to require a COVID vaccine
- Employer-Mandated Vaccination for COVID-19
- What the Supreme Court Has Said About Mandating Vaccines for School: Jacobson v. Massachusetts