As multiple COVID-19 vaccines have now been approved, some folks might be wondering which one they should get?
Many other people are just wondering how to get vaccinated and protected…
Which COVID-19 Vaccine Should You Get?
In general, we haven’t seen enough differences between these vaccines that it should influence your choice.
“…in order to really compare vaccines, you have to compare them head to head. And these were not compared head to head.”Fauci urges Americans to take any of three Covid vaccines available to them
There is one benefit that the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine does have though.
The second dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is given just 21 days after the first dose, while you have to wait at least 28 days after your first dose of the Moderna vaccine.
So you could develop full immunity quicker with the Pfizer COVID-19 dosing regimen.
Unless you get the newly approved Janssen COVID-19 vaccine, which gives full protection with just one dose and starts to provide protection after just seven days.
Another benefit of the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine?
It was tested and shown to work against some of the newer SARS-CoV-2 variants…
But don’t the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines offer better protection than the Janssen vaccine, with an overall efficacy of 95/94 vs 72%?
Yes, but the Janssen COVID-19 provides very good protection against hospitalization due to COVID-19 (85%) and complete protection against COVID-19 related deaths by 28 days after vaccination.
Most importantly, if you have to wait to get a specific vaccine, then you risk getting sick while you are waiting!
So when it’s your turn, get the first COVID-19 that is made available to you.
After all, the best COVID-19 vaccine is the one that ends up in your arm!
And it will likely be some time before there is such a good supply of COVID-19 vaccines that you can pick and choose which one you want when you go to your health care provider, pharmacy, or clinic to get vaccinated.
More on COVID-19 Vaccines
- Where Are the COVID-19 Package Inserts?
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- I’m Not Anti-Vaccine, I Just Don’t Believe in the COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
- How Many People Have Really Died With COVID-19?
- Are Kids Dying With COVID-19?
- COVID-19 vaccine choices – which one should you get?
- Fauci urges Americans to take any of three Covid vaccines available to them
- How the new one-dose COVID-19 vaccine compares to Pfizer and Moderna
- Which COVID-19 vaccine should I get? What to tell your patients
- CDC – Talking about COVID-19 Vaccines
- The Archdiocese of New Orleans Statement Regarding the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccines & Fetal Cell Lines
- Abortion opponents protest COVID-19 vaccines’ use of fetal cells