In general, except for some very big surprises, the response to the COVID-19 pandemic from the anti-vaccine movement has been fairly predictable.
Jay Gordon encouraging people to get vaccinated???
Update On the AV Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Jay Gordon, yes that Jay Gordon, has actually been encouraging people to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
And he may have already been vaccinated and protected, having participated in a COVID-19 vaccine trial!
Are there any other surprises?
“Armed militia groups are forging alliances in the final stages of the US presidential election with conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers who claim the coronavirus pandemic is a hoax, intensifying concerns that trouble could be brewing ahead of election day.”US militias forge alliances with conspiracy theorists ahead of election
Is anyone surprised just how far some of these folks have fallen?
They are so afraid of a COVID-19 vaccine that instead of promoting things that will decrease the spread of SARS-CoV-2, like wearing a mask and social distancing, they are actually advocating for a natural immunity model for COVID-19.
And while they also talk a lot about vaccine choice…
They are actively working to take away the choice of folks who want to get vaccinated and protected!
“A bomb squad was called to a facility in the United Kingdom where doses of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine are manufactured.”UPDATE: Bomb Threat Forces Evacuation of AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturing Plant
In addition to protests blocking people from getting vaccinated, and a pharmacist wasting vaccines, someone sent a suspicious package to a COVID-19 vaccine manufacturing plant, forcing an evacuation!
And several anti-vaccine activists threatened California state lawmakers.
Is anyone surprised?
If you had been following how these folks have been acting over the years, you wouldn’t be…
The AV Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Get All of Your COVID-19 Questions Answered
- COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
- The AV Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Anti-Vaccine Groups Are Still Targeting Minority Communities
- What Do Anti-Maskers Have in Common With Anti-Vaxxers?
- Why There is Still So Much COVID-19 Confusion
- Understanding COVID-19 Misinformation
- Who is Making Up the Novel Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories?
- Decoding Anti-Vaccine Protests
- It’s Just More Anti-Vaccine Misinformation
- More Questions to Help You Become a Vaccine Skeptic
- US militias forge alliances with conspiracy theorists ahead of election
- Anti-vaccine activist on the Proud Boys: “They seemed like really good guys”
- Why are Robert Kennedy Jr. and Wakefield’s Vaxxed team allying with someone who spreads holocaust denialism?
- UPDATE: Bomb Threat Forces Evacuation of AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturing Plant
- An Anti-Vax Pharmacist Pleaded Guilty To Trying To Destroy Hundreds Of COVID Vaccines
- Anti-vaccine protesters temporarily shut down major coronavirus vaccine site at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles
- Anti-vaccine and alt-right groups team up to stoke fears of COVID-19 vaccine
- California Lawmakers Threatened By Anti-Vaccine Activists During Public Hearing
- Vaccine bill protester threw blood on California senators, investigation confirms
- Misinformation ‘superspreaders’: Covid vaccine falsehoods still thriving on Facebook and Instagram
- Doctor Who Joined Capitol Attacks Leads a Far-Right Campaign Against Covid-19 Vaccine
- Texas-based anti-vaccine group received federal bailout funds in May as pandemic raged