Podcasts are a great way to stay up to date on important and interesting topics.
That makes them a great tool for vaccine advocates.
Podcasts for Vaccine and Science Advocates
Are you listening to any of these podcasts?
- Vax Talk – all about vaccines and vaccine-preventable diseases
- Skeptoid – a podcast that pushes back against all of the misinformation in health and science that is out there, which often goes hand in hand with those who are against vaccines
- The Skeptics Guide to the Universe – a podcast dedicated to promoting critical thinking and science literacy
- Population Healthy Podcast – a weekly podcast that digs into the important public health topics that impact our everyday lives.
- This Podcast Will Kill You – learn about epidemics and weird medical mysteries and of course, vaccines.
- The Naked Scientists – a weekly science show. Science news stories, scientific breakthroughs and interviews with leading scientists…
- Science Rules – Bill Nye
- Pediacast – the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts.
- Science Friday – Covering the outer reaches of space to the tiniest microbes in our bodies, Science Friday is the source for entertaining and educational stories about science, technology, and other cool stuff.
- Science Vs – Science Vs takes on fads, trends, and the opinionated mob to find out what’s fact, what’s not, and what’s somewhere in between.
- Public Health Review – features health officials and public health leaders who are on the front lines of state and territorial public health.
- Talk Nerdy – interesting conversations
- Infectious Diseases Society of America – podcast from a community of over 12,000 physicians, scientists and public health experts who specialize in infectious diseases
- The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) – a professional society that improves public health by establishing infection prevention measures and supporting antibiotic stewardship among healthcare providers.
- Science Distilled – a podcast based on the lecture series of the same name, where we break down concepts from cutting edge science and research and learn how they apply to the world around us.
- 60-Second Science – quick news briefs about science
- Sawbones – a marital tour of misguided medicine as they discuss the weird, gross, and sometimes downright dangerous ways we tried to solve our medical woes through the ages.
- Second Opinion – An examination of medical ethics and the practioners who define them.
- Public Health United – has featured interviews with leading vaccine advocates
- ID Podcasts – from The University of South Florida and USF Health’s Division of Infectious Disease
- Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast – a weekly podcast show hosted by Darryl Chutka, M.D., a general internist at Mayo Clinic
- A Second Opinion with Senator Bill Frist, M.D.
Although subscribing to the podcasts above is the best way to stay up to date on important information about vaccines and science, you can also listen to some of the handpicked episodes listed below.
More on Vaccine Podcasts
- Our Favorite Podcast Episodes About Vaccines
- Podcast: Vaccine expert Dr. Paul Offit explains the ‘dos and dont’s’ of battling scientific misinformation
- Joe Rogan Experience #1261 – Peter Hotez On Vaccines and Tropical Diseases
- Stanley Plotkin On History of Vaccines
- Carl Zimmer and Paul Offit on Genetics, Race, and Vaccinations at CSICon 2018
- Saad Omer On Translating Vaccine Science Into Policy
- The Vaccine Confidence Project with Heidi Larson & Pauline Paterson
- Peter Hotez on Vaccine Hesitancy
- Understanding vaccine confidence- insights from social science research
- Vaccine Confidence in Crisis
- Pessimists Archive Vaccinations and Immanuel Pfeiffer
- Endless Thread Podcast Launches New Season With Four-Part Series On Vaccines – And Anti-Vaxxers
- The Power of Vaccines
- Vaccine-Preventable Disease: HPV
- The Rise of the Anti-Vaccination Movement
- Podcasts on vaccinology
- Childhood Immunizations
- Reeling in Rotavirus (A Cup of Health with CDC)
- Epidemics and Vaccines
- The Sound of Science
- Science Podcasts
- UNICEF Podcast
2 thoughts on “Podcasts for Vaccine Advocates”
Please add “This Podcast Will Kill You” to this list. MANY of their podcasts cover vaccines, and two were dedicated to debunking the anti-vaxx stances and documenting their histories.