Why would an Arizona State Representative be posting about mercury and flu shots?
It’s easy to figure out once you look at the rest of her posts…
What Level of Mercury Is Considered Toxic?
We should start off by correcting a few things in Representative Kelly Townsend’s post.
The mercury in a thimerosal containing flu vaccine is ethylmercury, not methylmercury, the type that we might be exposed to in a can of tuna.
And mercury is only considered to be toxic if you are exposed in specific ways, at specific levels, and depending on the length of exposure.
“In case reports of accidental high-dose exposures in humans to thimerosal or ethylmercury toxicity was demonstrated only at exposures that were 100 or 1000 times that found in vaccines.”FDA on Thimerosal in Vaccines Questions and Answers
Not only is the ethylmercury in vaccines not toxic, since only a small percentage of flu vaccines now contain thimerosal and you almost have to go out of your way to get a vaccine with thimerosal, you have to wonder why Representative Kelly Townsend is posting about it?!?
If she is really concerned about mercury toxicity, she should be sure that the EPA is truly doing everything they can to reduce mercury pollution and our exposure to mercury. She shouldn’t be scaring folks away from vacinating and protecting their kids.
Still, I guess it is much better than some of her other recent anti-vaccine posts, like the one that is said to have compared mandatory vaccinations to forced number tattoos…
More on Toxic Levels of Mercury
- VAXOPEDIA – Thimerosal in Vaccines
- VAXOPEDIA – Does Pentacel Contain Mercury?
- VAXOPEDIA – Thimerosal Hype or Hazard
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Does the FDA Warn About Mercury in Fish, but Not Mercury in Flu Shots?
- VAXOPEDIA – Which Vaccines Contain Heavy Metals?
- VAXOPEDIA – A Legislative Guide to Advocating for Stronger Vaccine Laws
- VAXOPEDIA – Doing the Math on Kennedy, Vaccines and Mercury
- VAXOPEDIA – Vaccines and the HAZMAT Team Myth
- Thimerosal | Immunize for Good
- Timeline: Thimerosal in Vaccines (1999-2008)
- Understanding Mercury Exposure Levels
- Mercury | California Poison Control System
- EPA – Health Effects of Exposures to Mercury
- EPA – Basic Information about Mercury
- EPA – Thimerosal in Vaccines
- EPA – What EPA is Doing to Reduce Mercury Pollution, and Exposures to Mercury
- FDA – Thimerosal in Vaccines Questions and Answers
- I Just Broke A Thermometer What Do I Do?
- State Rep. Kelly Townsend compares mandatory vaccinations to forced number tattoos
- ‘Something is in those vaccines’: Lawmaker says mandatory measles shots are ‘Communist’
- Wanted: A vaccine to protect us from Rep. Kelly Townsend’s crazy Communist conspiracies