If you are, the chances are good that you have been reading something by or about Professor Christopher Exley recently.
Who Is Chris Exley?
“I am a Biologist (University of Stirling) with a PhD in the ecotoxicology of aluminium (University of Stirling). My research career (1984-present) has focussed upon an intriguing paradox; ‘how come the third most abundant element of the Earth’s crust (aluminium) is non-essential and largely inimcal to life’. Investigating this mystery has required research in myriad fields from the basic inorganic chemistry of the reaction of aluminium and silicon to the potentially complex biological availability of aluminium in humans. I am also fascinated by the element silicon in relation to living things which, as the second most abundant element of the Earth’s crust, is also almost devoid of biological function. One possible function of silicon is to keep aluminium out of biology (biota) and this forms a large part of the research in our group. We are also interested in biological silicification.”
Professor Chris Exley Keele University Staff Profile
What do other people think of Dr. Exley and his work?
“Let me put this straight, this is not a paper that has evidence of scientific fraud or data manipulation. There is no duplicated images, no suspicious blots. The problem I have with this paper is its deep experimental flaws and data analysis that nonetheless should not have passed through the peer-review filter.”
Does the latest paper from Exley show a link between ASD and aluminum?
While it is typically strange to talk about fraud and data manipulation when starting to review a scientific study, remember that other aluminum studies, including other aluminum studies that were also funded by the Children’s Medical Safety Research Institute (CMSRI), were recently retracted.
In addition to performing deeply flawed studies about aluminum, Chris Exley gives lectures about aluminum toxicity at so-called vaccine safety conferences. At one 2011 conference, in addition to Exley talking about The systemic toxicity of aluminium adjuvants, you could have heard presentations by:
- Russell Blaylock, MD on The central role of immunoexcitotoxicity in aluminum and mercury-containing adjuvant-triggered neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders
- Shiv Chopra, MSc, PhD on Vaccination programs: prevention or corruption?
- John Barthelow Classen, MD on Vaccine induced epidemics of type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes/obesity/metabolic syndrome, and their relationship to the epidemic of autoimmune autism
- Barbara Loe Fisher, President & Founder of NVIC on Medical science & public trust: the policy, ethics and law of vaccination in the 20th & 21st Centuries
- Lawrence Palevsky, MD, FAAP on Rethinking the germ theory
- Christopher Shaw, PhD on Aluminum as a neurotoxin: the evidence from cell culture, in vivo, and human studies
- Yehuda Shoenfeld, MD, FRCP on ASIA – Autoimmune (Auto-inflammatory) Syndrome induced by Adjuvant: a new syndrome to be defined
- Lucija Tomljenovic, PhD on Gardasil: prophylaxis or medical misconduct? and Aluminum adjuvants and immunization science: a matter of pervasive uncertainty
- Andrew Wakefield, MB, BS on Autism and vaccines: a research strategy focused on cause
Chris Exley keeps interesting company if he doesn’t want to be thought of as someone who is anti-vaccine…
Interestingly, he also believes that we are living in The Aluminum Age.
“The human race has inadvertently agreed to participate in a clinical trial to assess and understand the toxicity of human exposure to aluminium. This is an experiment which is, of course, ongoing as I write and you read this essay. It is an experiment which has neither been submitted for independent peer review nor received ethical approval.”
And he seems fairly sure that aluminum is responsible for a whole host of diseases, from Alzheimer’s and autism to diabetes.
Why hasn’t research been done to figure out whether or not aluminum is safe?
“While there are thousands of scientific publications over many decades demonstrating the toxicity of aluminium in all living things the larger questions concerning aluminium and common human diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease or diabetes remain unanswered or at best equivocal. These questions remain unanswered primarily because neither the global aluminium industry nor governments which have allowed the unfettered growth of the use of aluminium products are prepared for an answer. Try to imagine the immediate and short term economic consequences of human exposure to aluminium being directly linked as causal or even contributory in just one disease, for example Alzheimer’s disease.”
Of course, it’s a conspiracy!
“The ensuing chaos and stock market crashes would be unpalatable but they would just be the beginning of a world which would now have to change to address and accommodate such knowledge. Now that the tip of the iceberg has become visible the remainder would have to be investigated and the inevitable consequences of human exposure to aluminium would be revealed, piece by piece, and a new jigsaw of life on Earth would slowly be pieced together.”
Just like it was a conspiracy that there was a “tsunami of silence perpetuated by all mainstream media, almost globally” following his deeply flawed study that he thought linked aluminum adjuvants in vaccines and autism.
What’s next for Exley?
You can be sure it will be something about aluminum toxicity…
What to Know About Chris Exley
Professor Chris Exley is an expert on telling folks that aluminum is toxic.
More About the Chris Exley
- Professor Christopher Exley: The latest darling of the antivaccine movement
- Does the latest paper from Exley show a link between ASD and aluminum?
- Christopher Exley has Become the New Face of the Anti-Vaxx Aluminium Grift
- “Utterly awful:” David Gorski weighs in on yet another paper linking vaccines and autism
- Christopher Exley: Using bad science to demonize aluminum adjuvants in vaccines
- Torturing more mice in the name of antivaccine pseudoscience, 2017 aluminum edition
- Torturing more mice in the name of antivaccine pseudoscience: PubPeer versus antivaxers
- Anti-vaccine pseudoscience – more bad science on autism and aluminum
- Aluminum adjuvant in vaccines – let’s go cherry picking
- Aluminum toxicity in vaccines – here we go again with bad science
- Breast cancer myths: No, antiperspirants do not cause breast cancer
- I love it when an antivax “study” meant to show how “dirty” vaccines are backfires so spectacularly
- A Snapshot of the Deep Pockets of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Here’s the Money Behind the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- CNN: The money behind the vaccine skeptics
- Undisclosed Conflicts of Interest in Vaccine Research