The first Japanese encephalitis virus vaccine, JE-Vax was licensed in 1992.
We currently use Ixiaro, a Japanese encephalitis virus vaccine that was approved in 2009 and is recommended for some children aged 2 months through 16 years and adults who are traveling to endemic areas during the JE virus transmission season.
For more information:
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination: What Everyone Should Know
- Japanese Encephalitis VIS
- Japanese Encephalitis ACIP Vaccine Recommendations
- Yellow Book – Japanese Encephalitis
- FDA – Ixiaro (package insert)
- FDA – JE-Vax (package insert)
- A Look at Each Vaccine : JEV
Last Updated on