Although the first yellow fever vaccine was developed in 1935, a yellow fever vaccine wasn’t licensed in the United States until 1953.
It was mosquito control more than the yellow fever vaccine that helped control yellow fever in the United States though.
Unfortunately, yellow continues to be a big problem in many parts of the world and a yellow fever vaccine is required before travel to certain countries.
For more information:
- Yellow Fever Vaccination: What Everyone Should Know
- Yellow Fever VIS
- Yellow Fever ACIP Vaccine Recommendations
- Yellow Book – Yellow Fever
- FDA – YF-Vax (package insert)
- A Look at Each Vaccine : Yellow Fever
- History of the Yellow Fever Vaccines
- WHO – Yellow fever global vaccine stockpile in emergencies
- WHO | Lower doses of yellow fever vaccine could be used in emergencies