Dr. Judy Mikovits has a PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, doing her thesis on Negative Regulation of HIV Expression in Monocytes.
She had several papers published with Dr. Frank Ruscetti, with whom she continues to work.
Instead of research, it seems that they now do:
- Advocacy for vaccine injury legal cases worldwide.
- Research and documentation on medical exemptions for vaccinations.
Who Is Judy Mikovits?
After working at the National Cancer Institute, it seems that Judy Mikovits became research director of the Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI).
She was eventually fired after a paper she was lead author on, which found xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus (XMRV) in patients with CFS, was retracted and the institute accused her of stealing notebooks and manipulating data.
“But the leader of the team that authored the 2009 paper, researcher Judy Mikovits, apparently presented the same figure — carrying different labels and supporting a different point — in a talk given at a conference on Sept. 23 in Ottawa.”Manipulation alleged in paper linking virus, chronic fatigue syndrome
An even larger study found no evidence of XMRV infections in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, even as she had claimed the virus could cause CFS, Parkinson’s disease, autism and multiple sclerosis.
The source of XMRV in her patients?
“Well-controlled experiments showed that detection of XMRV was due to contaminated samples and was not a marker of or a causal factor in prostate cancer or CFS.”Johnson et al on Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus-Related Virus (XMRV) and the Safety of the Blood Supply
The virus was in a contaminated cell line in which she and others were doing research. The virus wasn’t in the actual patients themselves.
Judy Mikovits on Vaccines
Before her paper was retracted and she was fired from her lab, Judy Mikovits did actually do research on viruses and she is a scientist. She didn’t do research on vaccines though.
That seems to be something she talks about a lot now though:
- at anti-vaccine rallies
- at anti-vaccine conferences
- in anti-vaccine videos
Her claim to fame seems to be talking about contaminated vaccines and bashing Gardasil. And deep state conspiracy theories about why she was arrested and lost her job.
To be clear, a rotavirus vaccine was found to be contaminated with DNA of porcine circovirus type 1. While that might sound a little scary, it is important to keep in mind that the PCV1 virus doesn’t actually cause disease in people and these weren’t even “biologically active virus particles.”
PCV1 isn’t a retrovirus though and Judy Mikovits wasn’t even the researcher who discovered the contamination, which has since been resolved.
“These findings do not indicate the presence of either ALV or EAV infection in MMR vaccine recipients and provide support for current immunization policies.”Hussain et al on Lack of Evidence of Endogenous Avian Leukosis Virus and Endogenous Avian Retrovirus Transmission to Measles Mumps Rubella Vaccine Recipients
Studies have looked at retrovirus contamination of vaccines, but they were done over 17 years ago. And not by Mikovits. Studies that confirmed that vaccines are safe.
None of this has kept Judy Mikovits from scaring people about vaccines, especially the HPV vaccine.
“Cervical cancer is not a public health threat. It’s not an infectious disease. Why is it in the Department of Public Health? Why are we mandating every child over 9 years old, and I heard soon to be pregnant women, to get this vaccine? It makes no sense.”Judy Mikovits
It is really hard to understand how someone who worked at the National Cancer Institute could make these statements. Cervical cancer is one of the most common cancers in women.
There is, of course, no mandate for 9-year-olds to get the HPV vaccine. In the United States, HPV vaccination is recommended, beginning at age 11 to 12 years. The HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women and while several vaccines are recommended, no vaccines are actually mandated in pregnancy.
“It was never developed to prevent cancer. It was developed and approved to prevent warts. Warts are not a public health threat. It’s beyond… When scientists like myself, and I work in cancer and AIDS hear this, we are just…”Judy Mikovits
Gardasil and Cervarix were developed to prevent HPV infections, which cause cervical cancer. HPV can also cause genital warts.
“I think we need to ban… Japan and India have, all HPV vaccinations now, until the appropriate studies are done, until the patients are tested…”Judy Mikovits
Neither Japan nor India have banned HPV vaccinations.
And why would anyone listen to Judy Mikovits?
More on Judy Mikovits
- Detection of an infectious retrovirus, XMRV, in blood cells of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- FDA – Investigating Viruses in Cells Used to Make Vaccines; and Evaluating the Potential Threat Posed by Transmission of Viruses to Humans
- CDC – Lack of Evidence of Endogenous Avian Leukosis Virus and Endogenous Avian Retrovirus Transmission to Measles Mumps Rubella Vaccine Recipients
- WHO – Finding of DNA fragments of porcine circoviruses in rotavirus vaccines
- Study – Viral Nucleic Acids in Live-Attenuated Vaccines: Detection of Minority Variants and an Adventitious Virus
- Porcine circovirus DNA in rotavirus vaccine
- Study – Analysis of porcine circovirus type 1 detected in Rotarix vaccine.
- Study – Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus-Related Virus (XMRV) and the Safety of the Blood Supply
- No Evidence of Infectious Retroviruses in Measles Virus Vaccines Produced in Chicken Embryo Cell Cultures
- Anti-vax activist charges parents $4000 for ‘expert report
- A very bad week for the XMRV causes disease idea
- Scientist Who Led XMRV Research Team Let Go
- Manipulation alleged in paper linking virus, chronic fatigue syndrome
- Controversial CFS Researcher Arrested and Jailed
- WPI v. Judy Mikovits: “The story keeps getting stranger”
- XMRV researcher sued, jailed
- Compare and contrast
- XMRV Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Update
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the CDC: A Long, Tangled Tale
- Trust science, not scientists
- The Truth About TTAV Episode Seven: BUY MY STUFF!
- Cervical cancer as a public health issue–what next?
- Preventing Cervical Cancer: The Development of HPV Vaccines