Why do some folks think that the efficacy rate of the flu vaccine was only 9% last year?
The usual suspects…
Was the Efficacy Rate of the Flu Vaccine Only 9% Last Year?
Of course, we know that the effectiveness rate of the flu vaccine was much higher than 9% last year. At least most of us do…
While not as good as most other vaccines, it is certainly better than the 9% rate that folks who push misinformation about vaccines like to talk about.
So where does the 9% number come from?
It was a number thrown around before last year’s flu season ever got started! And not surprisingly, it was shown to be false.
Not surprisingly, again, that hasn’t kept folks from continuing to spread this and other fake information about flu vaccines.
More on Fact Checking Flu Vaccine Myths
- Twindemic – Hype or Hazard
- I’m Not Anti-Vaccine, I Just Don’t Believe in Flu Shots
- Did Dr. Bob Uncover a CDC Plot to Give Adult Flu Shots to Babies
- Were More Than Half of the Kids with Severe or Fatal Influenza in California Last Year Vaccinated?
- Are Flu Deaths Exaggerated?
- Does the FluMist Vaccine Shed?
- Does Getting a Flu Vaccine Increase Your Risk of Spreading the Flu or Getting Others Sick?
- Can Flu Shots Cause the Flu?
- Does the flu shot contain a vaginal spermicide?
- Do They Really Just Guess at Which Strain to Put in the Flu Vaccine?
- Do Flu Vaccines Have More Reported Side Effects Than Other Vaccines?
- Why Do Some Folks Wear a Mask During Flu Season?
- Do Flu Vaccines Cause RSV?
- I Refuse to Listen to Bad Advice About Flu Shots, and I Won’t Apologize for It
- CDC – Past Seasons Vaccine Effectiveness Estimates
- CDC – US Flu VE Data for 2019-2020
- Flu Vaccine Effectiveness 101
- IAC – Ask the Experts about Flu Vaccines
- It’s incorrect to say flu vaccines don’t work
- You do not need to stay home for two weeks after getting the flu vaccine
1 thought on “Fact Check: Was the Efficacy Rate of the Flu Vaccine Only 9% Last Year?”
Evil flu-vaxxers hate good nice and proper anti-vaxxers because their salivatiry glands have been orgasmified by the smell of roasting meats. No meat = no flu = no crime.