Paul Offit, MD, FAAP is a pediatrician and infectious disease specialist, completing his training at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
If people choose not to get vaccinated it’s because they’re not scared of the disease, and they have false concerns about what the vaccine can do.
Paul Offit, MD
His abbreviated resume is 34 pages long…
In addition to being the co-inventor of RotaTeq, one of two rotavirus vaccines in use today, Dr. Offit is the director of the Vaccine Education Center and a professor of pediatrics in the Division of Infectious Diseases at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and the Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
Even more importantly, whether it was his appearances on The Daily Show or The Colbert Report and other places in the media, his free vaccine course, or the 150 papers he has published in medical and scientific journals, Dr. Offit has been a leading force in educating pediatricians and parents about the importance and safety of vaccines
- Autism’s False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure
- Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All
- Vaccines and Your Child: Separating Fact from Fiction
- Do You Believe in Magic?: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine
- Bad Faith: When Religious Belief Undermines Modern Medicine
- Vaccinated: One Man’s Quest to Defeat the World’s Deadliest Diseases
- The Cutter Incident: How America’s First Polio Vaccine Led to Today’s Growing Vaccine Crisis
Not surprisingly, he is a frequent target of anti-vaccine groups.
It also shouldn’t be surprising that all of their attacks are very easily debunked.
For More Information on Paul Offit:
- The Problem With Dr Bob’s Alternative Vaccine Schedule
- Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Vaccines Contain Harmful Preservatives, Adjuvants, Additives, or Residuals?
- Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Multiple Vaccines Overwhelm or Weaken the Infant’s Immune System?
- Thimerosal and Vaccines — A Cautionary Tale
- Vaccine Exemptions: When Do Individual Rights Trump Societal Good?
- Vaccines and Autism: A Tale of Shifting Hypotheses
- Why Are Pharmaceutical Companies Gradually Abandoning Vaccines?
- Vaccines and the Anti-Vaccination Movement: An Interview with Dr. Paul Offit
- Interview with Paul Offit and Seth Mnookin
- Offit on vaccines and autism
- Dr. Paul Offit: “A Choice Not To Get a Vaccine Is Not a Risk-Free Choice”
- Vaccine Education Center at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Paul Offit explains the money side of the rotavirus vaccine he worked on
- Debunking myths about Dr. Paul Offit MD
- To all who use Paul Offit’s 10,000 vaccine paper to scare others–put up or shut up. And that means you, Age of Autism and all your team.
- The anti-vaccine movement strikes back against Dr. Paul Offit
- Can Infants Really Handle 10,000 Vaccines At a Time? Dr. Harrison Explains