DAN! doctors followed the Defeat Autism Now! biomed protocols to treat or cure autism developed by Bernard Rimland of the Autism Research Institute.
In addition to actual physicians, DAN! doctors included chiropractors, homeopaths, naturopaths, and nutritionists, etc.
In 2011, the Autism Research Institute, following the death of Bernard Rimland, ended their relationship with DAN! doctors, which were just a list that “simply contains the names of professionals who attended our clinician seminars.”
That wasn’t the end of practioners pushing unproven biomed protocals on parents of autistic children though. DAN! doctors were simply replaced by MAPS doctors.
Like DAN! doctors, the Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS) doctors attend seminars “to learn under the guidance of” Dr. Daniel Rossignol.
Unfortunately, it seems that they learn biomed “treatments” for autism that have not been proven and in some cases are actually dangerous.
More on DAN! Doctors
- If It’s Vaccines, Then Why Are There Autistic Kids Who Are Unvaccinated?
- Explaining the Correlation of Autism After Vaccines
- What is Mitochondrial Autism?
- How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Hurts Autistic Families
- Has the Vaccine Court Compensated over 70 Families for Autism?
- DAN! Protocol For Dummies
- Blame and magical thinking: The consequences of the autism “biomed” movement
- The Myth of Recovery
- Is there no end to unscientific treatments for autism?
- The Worst of the Autism Biomed Movement: Bleach, Castration and Death
Last Updated on