Is ‘Big Pharma’ influencing the vaccine decisions of doctors, health departments, and the CDC, etc?
Of course not. This is just another anti-vaccine conspiracy theory.
The pharmaceutical industry is in business to make money, but there is certainly no evidence of some grand conspiracy across multiple companies and countries that they are bribing doctors and health officials to influence how they think and talk about vaccines (Pharma shill gambit).
For more information:
- Demonizing “Big Pharma”
- The “pharma shill” gambit
- Big Pharma
- The myth of Big Pharma vaccine profits
- Big Pharma
- Shill gambit
- The Big Pharma Conspiracy Debunked by Thomas Taylor
- Shillin’ Ain’t Easy (or Profitable)
- I love it when you call me Big Pharma
- 35 Nobel Laureates are all in the pocket of Big Pharma?
- And I’m the pharma shill?
- Dr. Bob Sears’ Alternate Reality or Everyone is a Pharma Shill
- The Pharma Shill Gambit and Other Nonsense
2 thoughts on “Big Pharma”
When people don’t get vaccinated, and get sick, “Big Pharma” actually makes MORE MONEY from selling / providing additional products. In fact, if no one were vaccinated they would make around FOURTEEN times more than if everyone were vaccinated.
If “anti vaxxers” really want to hit “Big Pharma” as much as possible – they should all get vaccinated.
1) Calculate the cost of vaccinating everyone.
– Use the vaccine schedule for a child (*1) – adolescent to determine for each vaccine type, the per annum number of recommended vaccines.
– Use the vaccine schedule for adults (*2) to determine for each vaccine type, the per annum number of recommended vaccines.
– From the cost of vaccines (*3) and the population demographics (*4) calculate the total per annum cost of 11 vaccines (*8) = $1.03 Bn
2) Calculate the cost if NO ONE were vaccinated.
– Determine the per disease per person treatment cost (*5)
– Estimate the percentage of costs attributable to pharmaceutical companies (*6)
– Identify the rates of disease PRIOR to the introduction of vaccines (*7)
– Calculate based on the current population (*4) the number of diseases if no one were vaccinated – assuming the pre vaccination disease rates (*7).
– From the number of diseases of each type, the cost to treat each disease, and the percentage of costs attributable to pharmaceutical companies, calculate the cost (value) to pharmaceutical companies = $14.5 Bn
3) Compare the ratio of un-vaccinated cost to vaccinated cost = 14.5 / 1.03 = 14.
(*6) https://www.mhalink.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=11241 Note. This study was for just one state, for five years. The $$ values are NOT used – the provided estimates of percentage cost breakdowns are used – around 35% for pharmaceuticals and supplies.
(*7) https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/pubs/methods/, http://addictinginfo.org/2015/02/04/all-the-diseases-that-have-been-cured-and-almost-been-eradicated-thanks-to-vaccines-images/
Rubella / Cong Rubella
Polio (IPV / OPV)
Invasive HiB (flu)
Pingback: Money and Motivation of the Anti-Vaccine Movement - VAXOPEDIA