Most folks understand, or think they understand, the Dunning-Kruger effect.
“Poor performers—and we are all poor performers at some things—fail to see the flaws in their thinking or the answers they lack.”We Are All Confident Idiots
Not surprisingly, there are plenty of great examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect among vocal vaccine deniers.
The Dunning-Kruger Awards
But who leads the pack?
Smarter than the entire New York Public Health Department?
I don’t think so…
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. thinks that he is cursed with too much knowledge about vaccines…
Kelly Brogan, a holistic psychiatrist, got her case study published in the Advances in Mind-Body Medicine journal. History making? That’s about as history making as her vaccine paper that was published in the journal, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine.
Full stop. There is a lot of good information on the Internet, but most folks who say they did their research about vaccines on Google choose “to accept only information that supports his or her position, and ignores or dismisses information in conflict with it.”
Will Jim Meehan ever understand vaccines better?
Will anyone that listens to these folks?
Gwyneth Paltrow and Goop made one mistake – thinking that they could give health advice.
Whether they put all of the anti-vaccine propaganda they gather into a binder or a vaccine guide on the Internet, these folks are simply misinformed about vaccines.
Don’t look to them to help get you educated about vaccines.
Dunning Kruger Awards
- VAXOPEDIA – How Do Anti-Vaccine Folks Think?
- VAXOPEDIA – Dear Anti-Vaxxers,
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Is a Toxicologist Making Claims About Vaccines and Autism?
- VAXOPEDIA – Ask 8 Questions Before You Skip a Vaccine
- VAXOPEDIA – What Are the Greatest Tricks Anti-Vaccine Folks Use to Persuade Parents to Skip Vaccines?
- VAXOPEDIA – Choose to Stop Spreading Anti-Vaccine Propaganda
- VAXOPEDIA – Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Immunizations
- VAXOPEDIA – 100 Myths About Vaccines
- VAXOPEDIA – 50 Ways to Get Educated About Vaccines
- VAXOPEDIA – Anti-Vaccine Points Refuted A Thousand Times
- VAXOPEDIA – What Happens When You Research the Disease?
- VAXOPEDIA – Best Books to Help You Research Vaccines
- Lessons from Dunning-Kruger
- Misunderstanding Dunning-Kruger
- We Are All Confident Idiots
- Dunning-Kruger in Groups
- Dunning Kruger Effect and Anti-Vaccine Attitudes
- The Dunning-Kruger effect, antivaxers, and the arrogance of ignorance
- The massive Dunning-Kruger epidemic observed in the anti-vaccine community
- A Dunning-Kruger manifesto about vaccines and autism
- Study – Knowing less but presuming more: Dunning-Kruger effects and the endorsement of anti-vaccine policy attitudes.
- I reviewed all 161 of GOOP’s wellness products for pseudoscience. Here’s what I found.
- Overconfidence and the discounting of expertise: A commentary.
- How to flunk out of the University of Google
- One hour of research on Google –obviously all science is wrong
- The Google University Effect
- The anatomy of the anti-vaccination movement
- Top 20 Questions about Vaccination | History of Vaccines
- Vaccine Education Center
- Vaccine research – it doesn’t mean what the anti-vaxxers think it means
- HIV Doesn’t Cause AIDS According to Gwyneth Paltrow Goop ‘Trusted Expert’ Doctor Kelly Brogan