There is no doubt that 2019 was a bad year for measles.
Let’s hope for better things in 2020…
Measles Outbreaks in 2020
Unfortunately, it only took a few days for the report of our first case…
- a Northeastern University student exposed others to measles in Boston (Jan 3 to 6)
We broke several records for measles in 2019.
What kind of year will this be?
Even more importantly, are you vaccinated and protected with two doses of MMR?
For More Information On Measles Outbreaks of 2020:
- How Contagious Is Measles?
- What to Do If Your Child Is Exposed to Measles
- Can MMR Shedding Start a Measles Outbreak?
- A History of Measles Outbreaks in the United States
- When Was the Last Measles Death in the United States?
- Costs of a Measles Outbreak
- CDC – Measles Cases and Outbreaks
- MMWR – Increase in Measles Cases — United States, January 1–April 26, 2019
- MMWR – Notes from the Field: Measles Outbreaks from Imported Cases in Orthodox Jewish Communities — New York and New Jersey, 2018–2019
- MMWR – Notes from the Field: Community Outbreak of Measles — Clark County, Washington, 2018–2019
- Measles – Timeline | History of Vaccine
- Ask the Experts about MMR