Have you gotten your kids their flu vaccine yet?
Have you gotten yours?
Believe it or not, it’s not too late.
Is It Too Late to Get a Flu Shot?
Why would anyone think it could be too late?
“Balancing considerations regarding the unpredictability of timing of onset of the influenza season and concerns that vaccine-induced immunity might wane over the course of a season, it is recommended that vaccination should be offered by the end of October.”
CDC on Timing of Vaccination
Lots of folks focus on the “end of October” as being the best time to get a flu vaccine.
It’s Not Too Late to Get a Flu Vaccine
While it is a good idea to get vaccinated and protected well before flu season starts, this is one of those better late than never kind of things.
Have you gotten a flu vaccine yet?
“CDC recommends that people get a flu vaccine by the end of October. Getting vaccinated later, however, can still be beneficial. As long as flu viruses are circulating, it is not too late to get vaccinated, even in January or later. While seasonal flu outbreaks can happen as early as October, most of the time flu activity peaks between December and February, although activity can last as late as May.”
CDC on Misconceptions about Seasonal Flu and Flu Vaccines
Then it’s not too late.
Get vaccinated and protected for the rest of the flu season.
But don’t wait much longer or you will risk getting the flu before your flu vaccine has a chance to start working.
Get your flu vaccine now.
More on Late Flu Vaccines
- VAXOPEDIA – How Long Does It Take for the Flu Vaccine to Start Working
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Do You Need to Get a Flu Vaccine Each Year?
- When Is the Best Time to Get a Flu Shot?
- FDA – Now’s a Good Time to Get Your Flu Vaccine
- CDC – Misconceptions about Seasonal Flu and Flu Vaccines
- MMWR – Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices—United States, 2018–19 Influenza Season
- When should I get the influenza vaccine?
- Why Some Kids Need a Second Dose Of Flu Vaccine
- Ask the Experts about Flu Vaccines
- Flu Facts vs. Fiction
- Why Get A Flu Shot?
- Why A Flu Shot Every Year?