Why do some people think that Texas has zero COVID deaths?
The usual suspects…
Does Texas Really Have Zero COVID Deaths?
Unfortunately, while it would be great if it were true, it isn’t…
The Texas COVID dashboard does suggest that it is close to being true…
But the Texas COVID dashboard now lists at least eight deaths on the day that Greg Abbot is bragging about having zero COVID deaths and it is still incomplete.
And consider that in Dallas County alone, there were at least 39 deaths just since May 15, many deaths that are still not listed on the Texas COVID dashboard.
So these folks are all clearly using incomplete numbers!
Also consider that the Johns Hopkins University tracker lists an average of about 50 COVID deaths a day in Texas!
If there was one day without a reported death, then it was almost certainly a reporting artifact and not that no one died with COVID on that day.
“Dallas County will not be reporting any COVID-19 case data for Sunday and will instead start reporting Sunday numbers on Mondays.”COVID-19 updates: Tarrant County reports 593 new cases and 19 deaths Sunday
Interestingly, many big cities in Texas stopped reporting COVID case data on Sundays, the day Greg Abbott says we had ZERO COVID deaths…
Fact Checking Claims of Zero COVID Deaths in Texas
While Greg Abbott and others might have found an early, incomplete report which listed zero COVID deaths on a recent day in Texas, it should be clear that the pandemic is not over and cases and deaths are continuing.
More on COVID Deaths
- Who’s Anti-Vaccine Now?
- Are Kids Dying With COVID-19?
- What Do Anti-Maskers Have in Common With Anti-Vaxxers?
- Who Are the Real COVID-19 Experts?
- Why There is Still So Much COVID-19 Confusion
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 updates: Tarrant County reports 593 new cases and 19 deaths Sunday
- Johns Hopkins Texas COVID Overview
- Texas DSHS COVID-19 Dashboard
- Dallas County Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Information
- For some, forgoing masks in public during the coronavirus pandemic has become a political statement
- Texas Governor’s Big Coronavirus Boast Gets A Blunt Fact Check From The Experts
- Fact check: Is Texas ‘very close’ to herd immunity, as Gov. Abbott claims?
- Fact-check: Is Texas ‘very close to herd immunity’?
- Fact-checking Gov. Abbott’s claim of migrants entering Texas border cities with virus
- Misinformation and disinformation about facemasks and COVID-19
- Why Some People Choose Not to Wear a Mask
- Texas Hospital Finds ‘Covid Party’ – Or Legend