Most people know what Dr. Anthony Fauci has said about a COVID-19 vaccine.
He has been very clear in saying, over and over, that “we” are working on these vaccines and that they will hopefully be ready in 12 to 18 months.
While 12-18 months might seem quick, keep in mind that two COVID-19 candidate vaccines are in Phase 1 trials and an additional 42 candidate vaccines are in pre-clinical trials.
What Has Dr. Fauci Said About a COVID-19 Vaccine?
Another question we have to ask ourselves then becomes, what do anti-vaccine folks think that Dr. Fauci has said about COVID-19 vaccines…
Wait, how can a vaccine make someone worse?
“There are diseases in which you vaccinate someone, they get infected with what you are trying to protect them with, and you actually enhance the infection.”Dr. Anthony Fauci
Dr. Fauci talks about an HIV vaccine that was found to be unsafe in clinical trials because of this type of immune enhancement.
There’s also dengue fever.
“For children who have already been exposed to dengue, the vaccine is safe and works pretty well. But there is an unusual thing about the dengue virus. The second infection can be a lot worse than the first. So for kids who have never had the disease, the vaccine acts as the first exposure. So if they are exposed to dengue later on, they’re at a higher chance of having this severe reaction.”Dengue Vaccine Controversy In The Philippines
Believe it or not, an RSV vaccine was developed and tested way back in 1965.
“In response to three injections of alum precipitated, 100X concentrated, formalin inactivated RS vaccine (lot 100), 43% of infant vaccinees displayed a 4-fold or greater rise in serum neutralizing antibody and 91% displayed a 4-fold or greater rise in serum CF antibody. When RS virus became prevalent in the community, the rate of RS virus infection in infants who received this vaccine was not remarkably different from that in control infants who received parainfluenza vaccines. However, 80% of RS vaccinees required hospitalization at the time of RS infection whereas only 5% of such infections among parainfluenza vaccinees resulted in admission to the hospital.”
Tragically, it didn’t work and was not safe.
“From these findings it seems clear that infants who received a monkey kidney tissue culture grown, inactivated, 100X concentrated, alum precipitated respiratory syncytial virus vaccine not only were not protected against infection, but paradoxically they experienced an altered, exaggerated clinical response when natural RS infection occurred. These findings were entirely unexpected. We now feel that in some way administration of the inactivated RS vaccine was responsible for the exaggerated illness caused by RS virus infection.”Kim et al on Respiratory Syncytial Virus Disease in Infants Despite Prior Administration of Antigenic Inactivated Vaccine
The infants who received the RSV vaccine became sicker if they got RSV than those who didn’t. In fact, 80% of those who were vaccinated and developed RSV required hospitalization.
And that’s why vaccines are thoroughly tested before they are approved, something that can be done even when a vaccine is fast tracked.
Interestingly, if they know that Dr. Fauci has declared over and over that any COVID-19 vaccine that is approved will need to be effective AND safe, then why are they still scaring folks away from getting these vaccines that don’t even exist yet?
While some of these folks are pushing unproven cures and natural treatments, others simply believe in conspiracy theories and don’t trust medical experts.
Remember that these are typically the same folks that say that vaccines aren’t even necessary and don’t work, claiming better hygiene and sanitation got rid of our so-called vaccine-preventable diseases, right?
So why is COVID-19 even a thing now?
Of course, it’s because anti-vaccine folks are always wrong…
They may have scared you away from vaccinating and protecting your kids in the past, but don’t let them make the COVID-19 pandemic any worse than it has to be.
More on Anthony Fauci
- What You Need to Know About a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Vaccine Fast Tracking
- The AV Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Presentations and Webinars
- When was the First Case of COVID-19 in the United States?
- When to Call Your Pediatrician – COVID-19 Edition
- Pediatricians as Vaccine Pushers
- Dr. Fauci explains the timeline and risks of creating a COVID-19 vaccine
- WHO – DRAFT landscape of COVID-19 candidate vaccines
- Why will it take so long to make a coronavirus vaccine that can prevent COVID-19?
- $2 billion required to develop a vaccine against the COVID-19 virus
- Study – Respiratory Syncytial Virus Disease in Infants Despite Prior Administration of Antigenic Inactivated Vaccine
- Vaccine failure explained
- Dengue Vaccine Controversy In The Philippines
- Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act
- NIH clinical trial of investigational vaccine for COVID-19 begins
- Dr. Anthony Fauci: Risks From Vaccines Are “Almost Nonmeasurable”
- COVID-19 vaccine research for coronavirus – updated 26 March 2020
- How Far Are We From a Coronavirus Vaccine?
- COVID-19 vaccines – rampant myths as annoying as Del Bigtree’s claims
- Dr. Fauci Answers Trevor’s Questions About Coronavirus | The Daily Social Distancing Show
- Stephen Curry Q&A with Dr Fauci on Covid-19 Instagram Live
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Discusses The Latest Coronavirus Facts
- Dr. Anthony Fauci on what Americans can do to limit pandemic’s harm
- COVID-19 Update with NIAID’s Anthony Fauci, MD; March 18, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Vaccines and Immunity
- The 112-Year Odyssey of Pertussis and Pertussis Vaccines—Mistakes Made and Implications for the Future
- How the Immune System Works
- Original Antigenic Sin (Sounds ominous, doesn’t it?)
- The Gwyneth Paltrow-Approved Doctor Pushing Wacky Coronavirus Conspiracies
- Boosting Your Immune System During a Pandemic
Last Updated on