I’m just asking…
Whose Rights Are Taken Away By Vaccine Mandates?
Do they not realize that these anti-vaccine talking point have been refuted a thousand times already?
For example, while ‘where there is a risk, there should be a choice” makes a catchy slogan, it is obvious that these folks only care about the rights, risks, and choices of those who don’t want to vaccinate their kids.
You don’t have that choice if your child can’t be vaccinated though.
And they very obviously only care about their imagined right to send their intentionally unvaccinated child to school, where they pose a risk to those who can’t be vaccinated and who have immune system problems.
Don’t parents who vaccinate and protect their kids have rights?
What about their right to send their kids to school and not have to worry about being unnecessarily exposed to a vaccine-preventable disease?
That’s especially important if their child can’t be vaccinated or can’t be fully vaccinated, including those with immune system problems or cancer, who may be immunodeficient because of chemotherapy.
More Anti-Vax PRATTS
What about the $4 billion in payouts from VAERS?
That’s actually from the Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund, during a time when billions and billions of doses of vaccines have been given. And while the the great majority of those vaccines are given safely, since vaccines are not 100% safe, we have the Vaccine Court to help folks get compensated if they do suffer a vaccine injury.
But folks should be concerned that there are 200 new vaccines in the pipeline right?
In fact, the “200 vaccines” in the pipeline include:
- 124 for infectious diseases, including 36 to prevent or treat HIV, 25 to prevent influenza, including new nasal flu vaccines, 8 for RSV, and 8 for ebola
- 105 for cancers
- thirteen for allergies
- eight for neurological disorders
- seven for other conditions
So the only concerning part is that most won’t make it out of the pipeline and few are actually new vaccines to treat infectious diseases…
Of course it is also very concerning that they continue to push this kind of misinformation that scares parents away from vaccinating and protecting their kids.
Why isn’t the media covering that more?
How about covering the fact that anti-vaccine folks continue to push the idea that vaccines are not tested against placebos, against saline placebos, aren’t tested together, and aren’t tested in long-term studies, despite the fact that they are?
Do We Need Vaccine Mandates?
It might surprise some folks, but vaccine mandates aren’t new.
It should be clear that we now need vaccine mandates without non-medical exemptions as too many people have been abusing these vaccine exemptions.
It’s a big part of the reason why we are seeing a rise in measles and outbreaks of other diseases.
How many will be enough?
Do we need to wait until more kids are dying before we strengthen our vaccine mandates?
And for what it’s worth, science isn’t something that gets “debated in an open court of law.”
Neither should laws be made simply because our legislators are influenced by a very vocal minority of people who want to take away the choices and rights of everyone else so that they can send their intentionally unvaccinated kids to school.
More on Parental Rights and Vaccine Mandates
- Why Are States Eliminating Religious Exemptions for Immunizations?
- The Catholic Church and Vaccines
- National Catholic Bioethics Center on Vaccines
- The Moral Responsibility of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- The Missing Information That Big Pharma Won’t Tell You About Vaccines
- America’s New Normal: Propaganda About the Unhealthiest Generation
- Vaccines and the Latest Autism Prevalence Report
- A Legislative Guide to Advocating for Stronger Vaccine Laws
- 100 Myths About Vaccines
- What Are the Greatest Tricks Anti-Vaccine Folks Use to Persuade Parents to Skip Vaccines?
- More Questions to Help You Become a Vaccine Skeptic
- Mixing unvaccinated children with vaccinated children: Whose rights prevail?
- What If You Don’t Vaccinate Your Child?
- Parental and children’s rights – vaccination mandates
- What the Supreme Court Has Said About Mandating Vaccines for School: Jacobson v. Massachusetts
- Children Have a Right to Live and Be Vaccinated, and Two Legal Reforms Are Needed
- You Can Be the Pro-Life Parent of a Fully Vaccinated Child
- Catholics urged to remember ‘common good’ in vaccine debate
- Anti-vaccine protesters are likening themselves to civil rights activists
- How the anti-vaccine movement crept into the GOP mainstream
Last Updated on