It shouldn’t be a surprise that vaccines aren’t mentioned in the Bible.
It’s the same reason antibiotics, airplanes, and pasteurization aren’t mentioned – they weren’t invented yet.
Why Aren’t Vaccines Mentioned in the Bible?
But even before the smallpox vaccine was developed by Edward Jenner in 1796, we had variolation. While we have evidence of smallpox infections as early as the 2nd millennium BC, the earliest use of variolation is from the 10th to 18th Century, well after the Bible was written.
“I just decided to just google what the bible says about vaccines. There’s nothing in the bible that talks about vaccines. I just want you to think about that. So if God knew in the future that he was going to create these amazing things that were going to be the best scientific advancements, like oh, my God, they’re so great, why isn’t there anything, any inkling of talk about these things called vaccinations coming into being later to save people? If that was really God’s plan and they’re so amazing, then why isn’t it in there at all? Maybe there’s a chapter where they talk about something like an injection, like this health injection, right? Like, why didn’t God talk about that if he knew that it was going to come and save the world?”
It also shouldn’t be a surprise that they do it to try and sell you stuff, like Brittney Kara’s “Awakening Reset Program.”
Or Isagenix products.
Wait, is Isagenix mentioned in the Bible?
“You can be confident that Isagenix is committed to your success by offering you the opportunity to live a healthy, clean, and lean lifestyle—and to create wealth while doing so.”
Are multi-level marketing companies?
Brittney Kara is not the first anti-vaccine person to say that God does not support vaccines and she likely won’t be the last.
“The society of the 21st century, just as many societies and cultures in the history of human civilization, use religion as an excuse for wars, discrimination, and now for vaccination refusal.”
Pelčić on Religious exception for vaccination or religious excuses for avoiding vaccination
She may be the first to say that “believing in vaccines is a mental disorder.”
Not sure where she gets that…
Still, despite the availability of religious exemptions to vaccines in most states, it is important to understand that no mainstream religions oppose vaccines.
“For its part, Catholic social teaching entails a duty to vaccinate in order to protect the vulnerable.”
Paul J. Carson on Catholic Social Teaching and the Duty to Vaccinate
In fact, most teach about a duty and moral obligation to vaccinate.
“Giving children a healthy start in life, no matter where they are born or the circumstances of their birth, is the moral obligation of every one of us. It is heartbreaking to think that three million children die each year from diseases that we can prevent.”
Nelson Mandela (2002 Vaccine Conference)
More on Vaccines and the Bible
- Thank God for Vaccines
- Vaccines and Genesis
- Are vaccines biblical, safe or effective?
- God Wants You To Vaccinate Your Kids
- 3 reasons Christians should vaccinate with confidence
- The Catholic Church and Vaccines
- The Moral Responsibility of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- National Catholic Bioethics Center on Vaccines
- Anti-Vaxxer Brittney Kara on Vaccines and The Bible
- Quoth antivaccine “warrior mamma” Brittney Kara: If vaccines are so great, why aren’t they mentioned in the Bible?
- Christian Author: We Must Avoid Vaccines Since the Bible Never Mentions Them
- Anti-vaxxer ‘warrior mom’: If vaccines are so great, ‘why aren’t they mentioned in the bible?’
- Christian Author Warns Vaccines Are ‘Satanic’
- What religions actually state about vaccines
- Anti-Vax Science Lessons with Brittney Kara
- Wielding religion as a weapon against vaccines
- Cultural Perspectives on Vaccination
- Why Is There a Religious Exemption for Vaccinations? Almost No Religions Object to Them.
- A review of religion and vaccinations
- What Does Jewish Law Say About Vaccination?
- Exemption Abuse – Too many kindergarteners aren’t getting vaccinated.
- Religious Concerns to Vaccines
- Religious exemptions for vaccination – abuse and reform
- When healing turns into killing: religious and philosophical exemptions from parental accountability
- Religion and Vaccines
- Religious Exemptions to Vaccine Mandates and the Law
- The problem of nonmedical exemptions to school vaccine mandates
- Court upholds policy denying religious exemption to vaccines
- Do parents misuse religious exemptions to excuse kids from vaccines?
- National Catholic Bioethics Center FAQ on the Use of Vaccines
- You Can Be the Pro-Life Parent of a Fully Vaccinated Child
- Catholics urged to remember ‘common good’ in vaccine debate
- Talking about Vaccines: Religious Concerns
- The ethics and morals of vaccination
- Study – What the world’s religions teach, applied to vaccines and immune globulins.
- Study – Religious exception for vaccination or religious excuses for avoiding vaccination
- Endangering Children In God’s Name
- Vaccines and Other Life-Saving Gifts from God
- Book – Bad Faith