Most anti-vaccine folks think that nothing could ever change their minds and get them to vaccinate and protect their kids ever again.
They have ‘woken up’ and won’t be convinced.
Do Anti-Vaccine Parents Ever Change Their Minds?
Of course, folks change their minds all of the time.
Remember the Disneyland measles outbreaks in California?
“I’ve given more measles, mumps, rubella vaccines in the past 10 days than I gave in the entire 12 months previously.”
Dr. Jay Gordon on Demand for Measles Vaccine Sends Crowds Even to Anti-Vax Docs
Other times, it is a good pediatrician who doesn’t pander to their fears, and instead, answers their questions about vaccines and helps them understand the risks (very small) and benefits (very big) of getting vaccinated and protected.
Or they might have a friend, family member, or other immunization advocate that helps them be more skeptical of the information and advice that is scaring them away from vaccines.
Remember. The great majority of parents vaccinate their kids. And those that don’t, do often change their minds.
More on When Anti-Vaxxers Change Their Minds
- More Questions to Help You Become a Vaccine Skeptic
- How To Counter Vaccine Hesitancy
- How Pediatricians Should Talk to Vaccine Hesitant Parents
- 12 Years Ago I Stopped Vaccinating My Children. Then I Changed My Mind.
- Measles outbreak: How doctors can change anti-vaccine minds
- Demand for Measles Vaccine Sends Crowds Even to Anti-Vax Docs
- Only after measles outbreak does Texas megachurch support vaccines
- I Used To Be Anti-Vaccine
- Emerging from the Herd
- Leaving the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- I was Duped by the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Learning the Hard Way: My Journey from #AntiVaxx to Science
- Once A Vaccine Skeptic, This Mom Changed Her Mind
- A Mother I Never Met Changed My Mind About Vaccines
- I Didn’t Vaccinate My Child—And I Regret It
- From Anti-Vax to Pro-Vax – One Mom’s Journey
- “My Light Switch Flipped”: Megan McClure Discusses Leaving the Anti-Vax Movement
- I used to be a vaccine skeptic. Now I’m a believer.
- Why I’m Not Afraid to Admit I Used to Be an Anti-Vaxxer
- From Anti-Vax to Pro-Vax: Natural Parenting Perspective
- TEDx talk: Why I changed my mind on vaccinations!
- Anti-Vaxxer Mom Changes Mind After Her Three Kids Fall Ill
- A Horrible Cough and My Vaccination Education
- The Crunchy Skeptics Changed My Mind
- How My Daughter Taught Me that Vaccines Do Not Cause Autism
- How my Son Helped Me Accept Vaccines
- Manipulated by Fear
- Letting go of the Paradigm of Fear
- How I Changed an Anti-Vaxxer’s Mind
- Seven ways to talk to anti-vaxxers (that might actually change their minds)
- How To Talk To Anti-Vaxxers, According To Moms Who Exited The Movement
- Can skeptical parents be persuaded to vaccinate?
- Focus on liberty and purity may change anti-vax parents’ minds
- If You Want Your Friend to Vaccinate Their Kids, Don’t Try to Change Their Mind
- Guide for Pediatricians for Talking to Anti-Vaccine Parents
- Back From Nature
- How to convince vaccine skeptics — and how not to
- How to Get Silicon Valley’s Anti-Vaxxers to Change Their Minds
- Talking to Your Vaccine-Hesitant Loved Ones with Compassion and Confidence
- Motivational Techniques and Skills for Health and Mental Health Coaching/Counseling
- Challenging Cases: Vaccine Hesitancy
- Working with vaccine-hesitant parents
- Providers Are Most Persuasive On Vaccinations When Speaking with Confidence and Conviction
- Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Resistance
- Making the CASE for Vaccines: Communicating about Vaccine Safety
- Communicating Effectively About Vaccines
- How to respond to vocal vaccine deniers in public
- A positive approach to parents with concerns about vaccination for the family physician
- Vaccine Communication With Parents: Best Practices
- How to Respond to Inaccurate Posts about Vaccines on Social Media
- Dealing with vaccine hesitancy and refusal
- How should we deal with vaccine hesitancy, refusal, and antivaccine beliefs
- AAP – Physician Communication With Vaccine-Hesitant Parents: The Start, Not the End, of the Story
- Increasing Vaccination: Putting Psychological Science Into Action
- Countering antivaccination attitudes
- Pediatrician-Parent Conversations About Human Papillomavirus Vaccination: An Analysis of Audio Recordings.
- Provider communication and HPV vaccination: The impact of recommendation quality.
- Communicating with parents about vaccination: a framework for health professionals
- Vaccine Rejection and Hesitancy: A Review and Call to Action
- Addressing heterogeneous parental concerns about vaccination with a multiple-source model: a parent and educator perspective.
- Immunization attitudes and beliefs among parents: beyond a dichotomous perspective.
- Identifying and Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy
- Changing Minds About Vaccination
- Video – Vaccine Conversations that Work for Providers and Parents